Thursday, January 12, 2006

2006


So ... i haven't updated this blog in a loooong time ... been caught up with uni and then lost interest. I'd better make the most of my url though ...


what i got for the New Year's ...

PS Conference 2006 was awesome! life-changing sermons from Reggie Dabbs, Chris Hill and Matt Fielder. Ps Russell Evans, as usual, had something going on in the last night. He never ceases to amaze me. I mean, i know he's got the authority of God to speak into our lives(being the senior pastor and such) but everytime Ps Russell steps on stage ... EVERYTIME he takes the mic and starts to speak, even before his words escape his lips, his mere presence on the stage ushers in the Holy Presence of God. It's like the presence is with him and when he chooses to minister to the church the Holy Spirit can just be felt slowly washing over the church.

One verse that continues to hit me even to this day is Psalm 27:4 - One thing i ask of the Lord, this is what i seek; that i may dwell in the house of the Lord all my days of my life,
To gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple.

for in the day of trouble He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of His tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.

then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at His tabernacle will i sacrifice with shouts of joy; i will sing and make music to the Lord.

I just rediscovered my first love; Jesus Christ. i had always loved church, but it was for the presence and fellowship of friends, and been thrusdt into an unfamiliar church i struggled to fit in. But i remember that it is not who's in the church that i should care about but more so Who is in the church. the great I AM. that's the reason i go to church now.

No comments: